The company provides capital and current repair works of the locomotives and diesel trains. Currently, the company is implementing railway vehicle park renewal programme, which has a significant impact for the Lithuanian railways. Implementation of the project is divided in two steps: the first one – capital repairs of diesel locomotives and replacement of engines 5-26 DG, the second one – modernization of diesel locomotives 2M62 and ČME3.
Vilnius Locomotive Repair Depot also provides the following services:
- capital repair of vehicles CR-2 including remotorization or modernization;
- technical maintenance of the railway vehicles, routine repair works and capital repair;
- detailed examination of the wheel sets; design and production of new wheel sets;
- complete overhaul of electric vehicles and electric equipment;
- average repair and capital repair of all types of railroad vehicles internal combustion engines, fuel systems, various kinds of compressors and manual actuators of the vehicles;
- inspection and repair of railway vehicles speedometers, manometers and electric measurement devices;
- mechanic and welding works of various constructions.
Vilnius Locomotive Repair Depot sells spare parts and nodes:
- for the repair of passenger/freight locomotive M62, 2M62, TEP60, TEP70,
- for the repair of shunting locomotives TEM2, CME3, TGK2, TGM4,
- for the repair of diesel trains D1, DR1A,
- spare parts for the maintenance and repair of other equipment.