History

In 2014 the company produced a new mechanised platform MMP-61, which is meant for transporting the railroad switches and it has no analogues in the Eastern Europe.

In 2012 the company performed general overhaul and modernisation of the specialised snow blower SM-2.

In 2010 the company together with its partner JSC “TMHB” presented a newly produced locomotive TEM TMH for the Russian market in the international railway salon EXPO-1520 in Moscow.

In August 2009 a new manoeuvring diesel locomotive TEM TMX with 1455 kW CATERPILLAR 3512B DITA diesel engine was produced.

In October 2008 the first modernised manoeuvring diesel locomotive TGM-4 with CATERPILLAR diesel engine was presented.

In December 2007 the first modernised ČME3 diesel locomotive with internal combustion engine of CATERPILLAR firm was put into service.

In June 2006 international certificates were granted, which confirm that the quality management system installed in the company meets the requirements of LST EN ISO 9001:2001 standard, and environmental protection management system meets LST EN ISO 14001:2005 standard.

In March 2005 the first modernisation of 2M62 was performed, using the internal combustion engine of CATERPILLAR firm.

In June 2004 first re-motorization of 2M62 diesel locomotive was performed. Diesel engine 14D40 was replaced with the modern engine5-26DG.01 of Kolomna Energy Service OU (Russia) firm.

On 1 October 2003 JSC Vilnius Locomotive Repair Depot was established.

In 1970 it was renamed into Vilnius Locomotive Depot, since the number of diesel locomotives increased.

In 1888 it was renamed into Vilnius Steam Locomotive Depot and had its own steam locomotive park.

On 29 December 1884 Vilnius Steam Locomotive Return Depot was established.